Who I am
My website address is: https://catherineconsidine.com/art.
What personal data I collect and why I collect it
When you contact me
- Personal data you provide about yourself (for example, your name and contact details e.g. an email)
- you provide a name and an email address when making a comment on a blog post or submitting a form. I do not ask for any other details. What you provide is up to you.
- you may disclose information about your business – however this is not personal information which for the purposes of the GDPR only relates to the personal data of individuals
When a third party contacts me on your behalf
- Personal data provided by a third party such as your name, contact details and specific circumstances.
When you visit this website, or interact with this site or me via social media
- Your IP address and browsing preferences and choices;
- Your name and username and any comments that you make.
When you commission me to do work for you
- Your name and email address. I will also ask you for your normal mailing address for my invoice. Depending on the assignment you may disclose various other data but this will vary from client to client and will not apply to all. What you disclose is your choice.
How do I collect information?
Your personal information may be collected from a number of sources. These include:
- From you when you contact or interact with this site by email or when you communicate through social media;
- From forms you may complete;
- From public sources of data (e.g. the contacts details you have chosen to make public on your website or social media)
- From organisations/bodies you are connect to or are affiliated with, when they provide your information to me
Why do I collect it?
- In relation to news updates, the information I hold is based on you having given your consent. For example, in relation to news updates you have provided the email and then verified that it should be stored and used as a basis for sending you an email for the news update.
- I also collect information because of a legitimate interest to ensure I have got details correct in relation to any public published information about you.
- Data relating to any business transaction arises out of a contractual necessity e.g. so both you and I are fulfilling the obligations set out in supplier terms and conditions or any contract that may be in place.
How do I use your information?
I process your data in order to:
- Record any correspondence or products I receive and respond accordingly;
- Send out information relating to news updates
- Enter into contracts with customers
- Maintain relationships with individuals and organisations and send messages from time to time
How is it stored?
Your personal data is stored in a number of ways:
- In paper files stored securely;
- In software systems which are managed on my Apple hardware or on webware provided by a third party supplier. (Woocommerce)
- If you register to receive news updates, your information will be held on a secure server and the data will be shared with Mailchimp only for automated processing of the news feed.
Who do I share your information with?
I may share your data with and/or obtain information from some third parties:
- my website service in relation to the use of forms and comments on this website and for the management of cookies on this website;
- statistical services with respect to understanding the traffic to the website
- Social media providers e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram – to highlight public news
Other organisations where we are required to by law or by a public authority.
I am committed to protecting your privacy. Under no circumstances do I rent, trade or share your e-mail address without your consent. Very occasionally people ask to be put in contact with another person. Rather than give their email address to you, I inform you that I will forward your request (using email) to them and leave them to decide how to respond.
I use SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) on this website. I use the Woocommerce shopping cart system to process orders on this site. Payments are not submitted to the Paypal gateway for your security.
Woocommerce – “When using a payment gateway, you are not sharing this information with WooCommerce.com.” https://docs.woocommerce.com/document/privacy-payments/
How do I protect your data?
I take the security of your data very seriously. Your data cannot be accessed by third parties other than those providing services as identified below.
I engage reputable service providers to process your data on my behalf for the purposes of email correspondence, website and social media provision They are all under a duty of confidentiality, and are legally obliged to implement appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure the security of data in line with the relevant legislation.
How long do I keep your personal data?
Nothing is kept indefinitely. Your personal data is kept under review.
- Blog comments and forms: If the blog comment is not published or the form submitted is nonsensical they are deleted.
- Spam comments are kept for a period of time prior to reports to Google re. worst offenders.
- News updates: Emails are stored on in my dedicated Mailchimp account
- Personal data and business correspondence in relation to all business contracts involving payment is retained for a minimum of six years after the end of the tax year in line with the requirements of HMRC.
When visitors leave comments on the site I collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
Contact forms are not cached on the server, they are delivered directly to me.
If you leave a comment on my site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit my login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, the site will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who I share your data with
I use Google Analytics on this site
Google Analytics stores information about:
- the pages you visit on this website and how long you spend on each page
- how you got to the site
- what you click on while you’re visiting the site
- the location generating the visit (in broad terms e.g. a city)
Your personal information (eg your name or address) is not stored so this information can’t be used to identify who you are. Google is also not allowed to use or share the analytics data.
More information directly on Google: https://marketingplatform.google.com/about/analytics/
I am able to download some data to my own computer. All data collected is anonymous and is collected solely for statistical purposes, to improve the service offered and is not used to identify individuals.
How long I retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so I can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on this website (if any), I also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where I send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.